- Utility Locators
- Pipe Inspection Camera Systems
- Pipeline Defect Mapper
- Sonde and Camera Locators
- Metal Detectors
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Leak Detection
- Utility Tools
VM-585 Pipe & Cable Locator Kit
The VM-585 designed by Vivax-Metrotech combines the benefits of the popular VM-550 utility locator and the VM-880 Ferrous Metal Detector in one product. Equipped with 512Hz, 8kHz, 83kHz, and 60Hz and Metal Mode, this locator provides ideal frequencies for most pipe and cable locating, a high frequency 83kHz for locating difficult utilities, and a built-in ferrous Metal Mode for locating manhole lids and valve boxes. The advanced filtering of the metal detector rejects materials such as aluminum cans or bottle caps and focuses in on ferrous materials. The manual gain control allows it to be controlled and able to work close to large metal objects such as automobiles and chain link fences while still looking for the targets underground.
- Utility Locating – 50/60Hz passive power locating frequency and 3 active frequencies of 512/ 640Hz, 8.19kHz, and 83kHz
- Metal Detecting – advanced filtering technology which rejects materials such as aluminum cans or bottle caps and hones in on only ferrous materials. Will locate through asphalt, concrete, or grass and in temporary conditions such as snow.
- Fault Find – The VM-585 has the additional frequency of 8kHz Fault-find so that it can be used to detect the presence of ground to sheath faults on cables when used with the VM-510FF Stand Alone A-Frame.