vLoc-9800 Utility Locator
The Vivax-Metrotech vLoc-9800 uses two horizontal guidance antennas some distance apart. This provides very accurate left/right separation that, together with an exceptionally high level of sensitivity, produces a crisp, fast, accurate response and an easier locate. The vLoc-9800 combines the best of the legacy 9860XT and 9890XT locators with updated technology. It provides pushbutton depth and current on three active frequencies of 982kHz, 9.82kHz, and 83.1kHz. With the optional A-Frame, it can also pinpoint cable faults with directional arrows.
Pioneered by Metrotech thirty years ago – this is the standard method of locating in many industries. The vLoc-9800 offers a clear color display with a graphical interface in a rugged ABS & carbon fiber body. Available as a kit with the Loc-10 Broadband Transmitter or the Loc-5S Broadband Transmitter, offering customizable output.
- Sonde locate mode
- Customizable start-up screen
- Backlit 3.5”/89mm color display
- Alkaline and rechargeable operation
- Sheath fault locate with accessory a-frame
- Pushbutton depth and current measurement
- Rechargeable Li-Ion with 40 hours of run time and back up alkaline battery