The Vivax-Metrotech VM-510FFL+ A-Frame is the all new standalone secondary cable & pipe fault locator (Holiday Locator). This new Standalone A-Frame locator can easily find the location of an underground cable fault with a compatible transmitter. There is no need for a separate utility locator with cables connecting to it. After connecting a compatible transmitter to the line and placing it in a Fault-Find mode, use the simple four button controls to locate and stay on the cable path while pinpointing the sheath or ground fault.
It will fault locate in 3/ 6Hz and 8kHz. It has locate modes of peak and null, peak, and null displayed on a high contrast LCD with automatic backlight. It also has locate modes for identifying your target pipe or cable. The VM-510FFL+ works with Vivax-Metrotech’s 5 watt and 10 watt transmitters. It runs using its own power supply of either alkaline or lithium batteries.
- Depth of cover reading to cable
- Lightweight design at just 4.2 pounds
- Fully automatic operation
- Audible Left/ Right cable path locate function
- Detect up to 2 Mohm ground faults
- Discriminates between light and heavy faults
- Simultaneously locate both cable and fault
- Forward/ Back directional arrows point to the fault