VM-MAP App Overview:
The VM-MAP smartphone application from Vivax Metrotech allows the user to map buried utilities in real time using one button push interface. Once the app is download, the user can quickly and easily map and store depth, GPS coordinates, distance between locates, and more. The user can download the info from the app to a PC or email it. In addition, the app is compatible with Google Maps, Asset Management and GIS software.
The VM-MAP application will generate maps in real time. You can also choose between obtaining location data from the mobile phone, the locator’s GPS, or an external GPS device of your choice. Additional notes and photos can also be logged. VM-MAP is compatible with iOS and Android devices and you can download it from the Apple Store or at GooglePlay.com. Specifically, the app is compatible with the Vivax Metrotech vLoc3 series locators, vLoc3-Pro and vLoc3-5000.
- Plug-and-play Bluetooth pairing to receivers
- Low and high GPS accuracy settings
- Export to a variety of file types to facilitate use with popular GIS programs
- Compatible with Google Maps, Asset Management, and GIS software
- Show multiple utilities on one map with color-coded utility drop pins
- Uses both Google and Apples Maps